Saturday, July 09, 2011

what can you do with one red shoe?






I posted this on my personal blog, but since I just found it so hilarious I thought I'd post it for the readers of this blog too!


My college years were during the age of grunge and combat boots were the rage. In attempt to be cool and artsy, I bought a pair of bright red Doc Martens--mainly because I loved the color and they were on sale (I was a poor college student!), even though they were a good 2 sizes too large on me.

Needless to say, over the years, I realized that these oversized, red boots made me look like Ronald McDonald and weren't very comfortable. But somehow, I didn't have the heart to throw them away. So, I left them in storage at my parent's house where they have been for years.

Recently, when I returned to visit, I saw this is what my mother had done to them:


Ha ha!

Coincidentally, my mother's creative gardening venture is the same project Anna titled her book on.

Next, I think my mom should consult Anna on what to do with my old cassette tapes of the Cure.

2 comments:

Meghan McCarthy said...

This was just a coincidence? That's crazy!

Amanda Hoving said...

Ha! Very creative.