Sunday, December 07, 2008

Question of the week: Whats on your mind?


Anna: A new story idea. Organizing what to put on newly installed Ikea shelves (they are high enough that the kittens can't reach them). Figuring out what to make with the large variety of squash in our weekly vegetable delivery. Any suggestions? I've already covered stuffed squash, curried squash soup, and Bulgarian squash casserole...

Elaine: Trying to start work on the factual information that will accompany a collection of poems I began writing in late spring. I've had a hard time focusing on my writing in the last few months--and have to get myself into the groove again. I'm back to my brisk daily walk. I always feel better when I get some outdoor exercise. I hope walking will help clear my mind and help me focus on my writing better. I have to transfer tons of files from my old computer to my new one. My old computer is so outdated that I haven't been able to download files onto disks or a memory stick. (I think I'll just have to try one more time.) I've been making arrangements for the 45th reunion of my high school class (Bishop Fenwick High School Class of 1964). I've also been working on event plans for the PAS North Shore Council's 2009-2010 Speaker Series. I have already talked to two terrific children's authors/illustrators who are interested in being featured speakers.

Grace: The RISD Sale! It's a craft fair for RISD alumni and I have a booth this year. I'm going to sell books, prints and maybe cookies. I thought about cupcakes but the travel is so risky, cookies might be a better bet. If I have time to bake, that is. Anyway, I hope to see some of you there. It's:

RISD Alumni Holiday Art Sale
Saturday, December 13
10am to 5pm
Rhode Island Convention Center
1 Sabin St, Providence, RI
Booth #310

No comments: