Monday, April 28, 2008

Small miracle

Some of you may remember that my beautiful blue bicycle was stolen awhile ago. I loved that bicycle. I put posters up all over town

Wherever I went, people told me how sorry they were and said they hoped I got it back.

I did. Someone saw the handlebars sticking out of the Mystic River at low tide, called the police, and then, just to be sure, called ME. The brakes are a little mushy but other than that, it works just as well as it did before. When I parked it the first day and went in to do my shopping (and thank everyone in the health foods store for their good wishes, which I believe helped), I heard someone I didn't even know saying excitedly,
"Did the girl who lost her bike get it back?"

YES! I'm glad I didn't just let it go. I not only have my bike back, but my faith in the town and even (in a small way) myself and how I deal with things.

8 comments:

Jen Robinson said...

What a happy story! Congratulations!

Susan Sandmore said...

Hooray! I'm so happy for you. My bike is very important to me and I was so sad you were missing yours.

Lisa Jenn said...

How terrific! Your story brought a big smile to my face on this very gray and dreary day.

Anonymous said...

Glad you got a happy ending, Libby.

Libby Koponen said...

Thank you all! As you know I believe good wishes help. Maybe I should ask everyone to wish that my next ms. gets picked up!

Libby

MotherReader said...

I'm glad the girl got her bike back too. Hooray for happily ever after.

Rita said...

That's AMAZING! I love it!! CONGRATULATIONS!!

yamster said...

Awww... how great!

P.S. I love your bike, too.