Tuesday, October 30, 2007

what I'm working on, part 2

So, despite some doggie help, I have been finally finished work on the mural. I can't believe it's done!


The painted Chinese characters is a proverb written by the upcoming baby's grandfather. Roughly translated it says,“In the pureness and innocence of childhood, true joy and happiness.”

This is my favorite part of the mural. The tree will be used as a growth chart, which is why the banner says, "Oh, how you've grown!" Originally it was going to include the baby's name but since that keeps changing, we decided to leave it out.


All in all the mural took about ten days to do. Ten, ten-hour days, mind you. I think I might have lost some weight in the process. I definitely lost sleep as you can tell from my haggard appearance. Haggard, but happy!

9 comments:

Maxwell Eaton III said...

insanely well done. it'll definitely add to the resale value some day!

Anonymous said...

That is a fabulous mural! What a very lucky baby!

Stephanie Roth Sisson said...

What treasure! I think their house value just shot up with you delightful mural. I bet you have a very buff painting arm also.

Rita said...

Amazing.

Barbara O'Connor said...

Grace, what an amazing gift for that lucky child! Gorgeous.
Barbara

Anonymous said...

This is beautiful! It makes me want to spread out a blanket on the floor and have a picnic there. What a magical room for a lucky child!

Anonymous said...

GORGEOUS!

And, Grace, let me just say I think you are the most photogenic person in the history of the world.

Libby said...

Yes, I agree: haggard schmaggard! You look great. Slim, too.

MotherReader said...

What an amazing person you are to give such a gift of yourself! And the mural is so beautiful!